To bring the support for official iOS4 on Iphone 3GS,3G and iPod touch , you have to Jailbreak using PwnageTool 4.01 which has been released by the iPhone Dev Team. This article whill show you how to use PwnageTool 4.01 to Jailbreak iOS4 iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch. And please watch the video on how to jailbreak iOS4 iPhone in this article.
Brief review from iphoneappsplanet:
PwnageTool 4.01 has been released by the iPhone Dev Team, bringing support for the official iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch 2G. First check out whether your iPhone or iPod Touch is supported by PwnageTool 4.01 before you go ahead with the jailbreak.
By creating custom IPSW files, PwnageTool allows you to update to iOS 4 without updating the baseband. This Here are the steps to jailbreak iOS 4 iPhone 3GS, 3G, or iPod Touch 2G using PwnageTool 4.01:
1. Download the latest version of iTunes, iOS 4 IPSW file for your device, and PwnageTool 4.01 (all download links at bottom).
2. Launch PwnageTool and choose your device (iPhone 3GS/3G, or iPod Touch 2G), and click the next (arrow) button. Make sure you are using the simple mode, if you are not an advanced user.
3. In the next step, browse and select the correct IPSW file for your device. Click next to continue.
4. When asked whether you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes, click No and continue. Click Yes, if you are do not want to unlock your iPhone.
5. PwnageTool will now build the custom IPSW firmware file that will be used to restore your iPhone.
6. After the custom IPSW file has been created, you should see a ‘ihaz Success!’ message. Now you should restore your device to this firmware by clicking the ‘Restore’ button in iTunes while holding down the ALT button. Browse and select the custom IPSW cooked by PwnageTool and let iTunes restore your iPhone to this firmware.
That’s it. After the installation, your iPhone reboots, and you should now have a fully jailbroken iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS (3G).